Saturday 23 June 2012

If you can't stand the heat....

.... get out of the back garden!  It's so hot here in Hong Kong, my shirt is melting.  My iPhone Weather Channel App has a feature which says the temperature is xx and "feels like yy".  Higher the humidity the higher the "feels like.." temp.  So, lately it's been saying temperature 32 and "feels like" 44.  I reckon it feels even hotter, as I was in Sudan last year when the temperature was 44 and it didn't "feel like" as hot as it here....
And the rain... it's been raining for weeks, on and off, so apart from feeling like you're walking in water when you go out, getting soaked with sweat, there's regular deluges...
All of which is to say that I haven't been able to do much on the boat outside, as she's not under cover -- at least for working on.  So I've been about making other bits that I can make in the inside workshop.
So far I've made the Centreboard Trunk, the Centreboard, the Tiller and the Rudder.
The rudder, laminaed 2 x 1/2" marine ply.
LATER: wrong size, had to remake in 3/8", so now
have two rudders....

The Transom blank,  1" Batu.  I've decided to redo it with some new Batu wood,
as this one was joined up when I didn't have the proper clamps, and is a bit out.
I'll recut this to use on other bits, like the seats.

Nothing to do with the boat, just boating...
today's Dragon Boat Festival in Discovery Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment